Sheriff's Office Staff
The Parenting class that we have is a compilation of two courses:
1. How to be a Responsible Father/Mother – Stawar
2. Active Parenting Now – Popkin (video-based/instructor/active participation)
More about the class – We will be having a speaker this year who will incorporate children’s first-aid and CPR. We also have a partnership with Hachette Books. They supply the following age-appropriate books to give to the graduates of the class for their children.
- Active Parenting
- Child Development (The majority of the children are in the 5 – 12 age group.)
- Family Communications
- Winning Cooperation
- Responsibility and Discipline
- Understanding and Redirecting Misbehavior
- Building Courage, Character, and Self-Esteem
- The Active Family Now
- The importance of reading to children
- Articles dealing with various topics such as tantrums, honesty, teaching resilience, raising a kid who cares, working with lying, hyperactive vs. high energy kids, raising a good citizen, and more.
We are flexible enough to add a few other topics as well, as needed by our students.
14 male inmates and 7 female inmates completed this program in 2020.
Programs, Services, & Resources
Our Office Hours
1905 Indianapolis Ave
Lebanon, IN 46052
Looking for Someone?
Visit our staff directory for additional contact information.
Meetings & Events
Visit our calendar and read previous
Boone County Sheriff's Office. All Rights Reserved.